First time here?  You may wish to take a look at the site index for a list of all posts, see the most popular content, or go to a random post.  You can subscribe to the site feed to be kept up to date on the latest posts as they are made.  If you want to contact me for any reason at all, please leave a comment after any post or send me an email.

Search This Blog

2007-12-17

Welcome to Totally Free Music

They say music can alter moods and talk to you.
-Eminem

Music makes the people come together.
-Madonna

Music is the best.
-Frank Zappa

These are a few of the things that have been said about music by musicians. Music is definitely one of my favourite things in life. I listen to it while I work, play, drive, cook, relax, and do just about anything else; in fact, I have music to thank for being able to be a husbsand and a father, as I met my wife in an elective music class at university. So music means quite a lot to me.


Another thing that I (and, I would bet, the majority of people) enjoy is getting things for free. It's no secret that the Internet is full of free music; it's also no secret that a lot of that music is not legally available for free. But with some clever searching and a little bit of luck, it is possible to find lots of music that is both free and legally available. With this blog, I will be highlighting some of the best free, legally available music that I have found on the Internet. If you read it regularly, you will find music from a variety of genres in formats ranging from single tracks to complete albums; occasionally, there will be real treats such as entire artists' discographies and even CDs (I'm talking about actual, physical CDs, with packaging and artwork).


With Christmas just a week away, I think it might be most appropriate to highlight some free Christmas music. For that, please check out my other blog, Free Christmas Music, and also its companion website; between the two, you will find links to dozens of websites containing free, legally downloadable Christmas music. That blog is also a good indication of how I foresee this blog working: a couple of posts a week, each one highlighting an artist, album, or song with a brief review and a link to the source website.

For the time being, I hope you are enjoying the Christmas season, no matter what you celebrate this time of year. I'll be back soon with this blog's first featured item; I already have a lot of good candidates for that, and I am just trying to decide which one would be best.


I'm free, I'm free
And freedom tastes of reality
I'm free, I'm free
And I'm waiting for you to follow me
-The Who

1 comment:

Anna said...

Wow, free LEGAL music! Awesome! You're in my bookmarks!