First time here?  You may wish to take a look at the site index for a list of all posts, see the most popular content, or go to a random post.  You can subscribe to the site feed to be kept up to date on the latest posts as they are made.  If you want to contact me for any reason at all, please leave a comment after any post or send me an email.

Search This Blog

2009-09-12

Free album from Suburban Home Records

This will be different from my usual posts, mainly because I don't actually have anything to review yet.  Until the end of September, Suburban Home Records is offering one free album from their catalog to anyone who wants it.  All you need to do is enter your email address, pick the album you would like to download, and wait for your download code to arrive (as they are checking submissions manually, they say that this may take some time, but the code will eventually show up).

There are more than 40 albums by more than two dozen artists available, but other than Drag The River (whose Live at the Starlight is separately available for free), I have never heard of any of these artists before.  I was wondering if anyone who reads this might be able to make a recommendation, either through prior knowledge of any of these artists or (gasp!) by taking a chance and downloading an album.  If you do, please leave a comment here, and if I get enough submissions, I will make a separate post about the recommendations towards the end of the month.

To assist you in this assignment, here are a couple of resources: the list of bands on the label (each band can be clicked on to bring up a page with more information), and a selection of free MP3s from each artist.  I'll be checking out as many of the free songs as I am able to and reading up on the artists, and hopefully something will leap out and say "Me!  Download me!"  We'll see.

In the meantime, have fun with this.  I look forward to hearing about everyone's findings.  Expect to hear more about this in a couple of weeks.  Happy listening!

URL:

1 comment:

David said...

This is a great find Jeff. I've posted it on my blog too and put out a request for some reviews. Hopefully I'll soon have a good idea about who to go for. :-)